Spring is in the air and the sun doesn’t set before I get home from work anymore. All is good. Calgary Expo is next week and I’m planning to hit all the book sellers and cart home everything I can get my hands on. I also have a few fun writing events on various evenings over the next couple of weeks. Now if work would just settle down.
I spent March 28th at the Alexandra Writers Centre’s Last Blast of Winter Write In, wrote 5000 words/two chapters in my book, and met some great folks. I’ll have to do that again soon.
Book of the Week: New Canadian Noir
Fun book. I loved most, if not all of the stories. Now I’m tracking down the authors to see what else they have written. Highly recommended!
- Completed and posted Angelita, a creative non-fiction story about diving a unique cenote in Mexico.
- Completed and submitted a campy noir story for a local anthology. Loved writing this one.
- Completed and submitted a short story about the hazards of lost marbles for an anthology. Quickly rejected though. I guess it wasn’t what they were looking for.
- Almost four new chapters done on my novel so it’s moving along.
In Progress Fiction Writing
- Almost completed another noir story. This one is a lot harder.
- Started on a sci-fi story that came to me while running. It’s about… running. It is coming together.
- Still chipping away at an end of the world story. Should have that one done in a few weeks.
- And the novel…
On the Back Burner
- Shelving my clockwork story for a bit as it just wasn’t coming together the way I wanted it.
- Same with my Christmas horror story – I’ll finish it when I have an ending that works.